Friday, February 8, 2013

Let's Get Reacquainted

     Damn, it doesn't feel like it's been that long but it has been two good years since my last original mixtape Chilled Milk of Choice was released. I guess it's true what they say, time flies when you have a kid. Since then I have released another mixtape entitiled No Beats Safe Vol hosted by one of the DMV's finest, DJ Grady, and been featured on a few other records from other artist who thought I still had it and tried to drag me back into the 'game.' Well, it worked.

     Whether you believe it or not, you've all been missed. The recording, the reception of my music, the videos and photo shoots as well. Everything that came along with the music game, I've missed truthfully. That is why I am happy to announce the wait is over. To me honest, I'm kind of feeling like this is my last run. What will come from this, I am not sure, but I just want to give it another run and not only for me, but for many who thought I was something special. Those same ones who I see yearly who give me the speeches about how I use to have them waiting on new music or mixtapes. Family members, friends, local guys who've heard me in person and was clueless to why I wasn't 'on.' So not only do I want to do it for myself, I want to do it for them.
     Lastly, I want to do it for my STATE. I've come to the point in my life where I look back at how things were done in my surroundings and even also happening to this day, in Mississippi. I know that making a name for yourself in this industry is good enough for most of those who obtain this feat, but I want to use that as a springboard for more attention and larger audience so that things I bring up will not fall on dead ears. Things need to be brought to the light and as powerful as music is, I think it's only right that I try to use this media as much as possible.
     So once again, we set out to 'get it.' In the next few weeks I will be releasing two singles from the much heavily anticipated but very prolonged 'Far From Average.' Trust me, I've been working! There may even be a few freestyles and features that are released before time but I will keep you all up to date. Below are a few links where you can follow me, listen to music, watch videos, and all that other good stuff.

Let's WORK!

Twitter
YouTube
ReverbNation
Instagram
   

No comments:

Post a Comment